We aim to bring you the latest news on advances across bioanalysis, including research and technology, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property, personnel and more.
The team welcomes suggestions for timely, relevant items for inclusion in the news. If you have any news you wish to share on Bioanalysis Zone, please get in contact.
- Scientists move one step closer towards the early diagnosis of ovarian cancerBiomarker identified that may allow improved screening for ovarian cancer. Posted 21/08/2014 (1 day ago)
- Simple, inexpensive, detector developed for medical testingHarvard researchers have developed a simple and compact detector, to enable health care workers in the world’s poorest areas to carry out a variety of medical testing, whilst avoiding the...Posted 18/08/2014 (4 days ago)
- Engineers create portable device for nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometryDevice holds promise for on-demand applications and accelerated analysis in the laboratory. Posted 13/08/2014 (1 week ago)
- Non-invasive diagnostic test developed for strep throatNovel MS-based diagnostic technique diagnoses the condition in less than 10 seconds. Posted 12/08/2014 (1 week ago)
- New NIST technique allows for high-speed chemical imaging of tissuesResearchers from the National Institute of Standards and Technology have developed an advanced form of spontaneous Raman spectroscopy, which delivers stronger signals, and is fast and accurate enough...Posted 11/08/2014 (2 weeks ago)
- New partnership forged to accelerate the development of iKnife technologyImperial University (London, UK) allies with Waters Corporation (MA, USA) to further explore the iKnife. Posted 08/08/2014 (2 weeks ago)
- Researchers shine a light on cancer diagnosisUK-based scientists inflict genome damage to white blood cells – assaying the resultant DNA – with a potential for future cancer diagnosis. Posted 06/08/2014 (2 weeks ago)
- Development of new molecules that have the potential to increase patients' immune response to tumorsUniversity of Arkansas researchers awarded US$1.5 million to develop new molecules and biopharmaceuticals. Posted 04/08/2014 (3 weeks ago)
- Novel biomarker discovered for respiratory disordersPlasma connective tissue growth factor may be a potential biomarker for stable asthma when evaluating the degree of persistent airway obstruction. Posted 01/08/2014 (3 weeks ago)
- Bioanalysis announces finalists for the 2014 Young Investigator AwardPosted 31/07/2014 (3 weeks ago)