We aim to bring you the latest news on advances across bioanalysis, including research and technology, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property, personnel and more.
The team welcomes suggestions for timely, relevant items for inclusion in the news. If you have any news you wish to share on Bioanalysis Zone, please get in contact.
- Zwitterionic immunobeads may serve as an effective tool in cancer diagnosticsTumor-derived microvesicle-associated miRNAs are found to be important biomarkers in detecting cancer. Posted 10/12/2013 (today)
- LED-based sensor detects Alzheimer’s disease on a chipNew method to quantify protein misfolding may yield insight into neurodegenerative research. Posted 10/12/2013 (today)
- Biomarker for oral cancer identifiedA biomarker for detecting oral lesions at high risk of cancer development has been identified by proteomics. Posted 05/12/2013 (5 days ago)
- Biosensor developed for detection of brain injuriesA group of researchers have reported a novel biosensor designed to help doctors reduce brain damage during heart surgery. Posted 05/12/2013 (5 days ago)
- Blood test for early-stage breast cancerCombination of nanotechnology and MS could be used for the diagnosis of early-stage breast cancer. Posted 05/12/2013 (5 days ago)
- Potential biomarker for lung cancer diagnosisBlood-based diagnostic allows for differentiation between malignant and benign lung nodules without invasive surgery. Posted 03/12/2013 (1 week ago)
- Companies form partnership to develop companion diagnostic tests for cancer therapyIncyte Corporation has joined with Vertana Medical Systems, Inc. to advance their personalized medicine healthcare strategies. Posted 03/12/2013 (1 week ago)
- Sponsorship to promote genetic biomarker testing in lung cancer announcedThe Bonnie J. Addario Lung Cancer Foundation has received sponsorship from Boehringer Ingelheim to promote genetic biomarker testing. Posted 28/11/2013 (2 weeks ago)
- Licensing agreement for biomarker technologies developed by Arizona State University researchersProvista Diagnostics strikes deal for technologies developed for the early detection of breast cancer, ovarian cancer and human papillomavirus. Posted 28/11/2013 (2 weeks ago)
- 8th Workshop on Recent Issues in Bioanalysis – where regulators and industry convene – March 2014, Los Angeles/Universal City, CaliforniaThe Workshop on Recent Issues in Bioanalysis has established itself as a leading international meeting for all those working in bioanalysis, industry and regulators alike. The resultant white papers...Posted 28/11/2013 (2 weeks ago)