We aim to bring you the latest news on advances across bioanalysis, including research and technology, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property, personnel and more.
The team welcomes suggestions for timely, relevant items for inclusion in the news. If you have any news you wish to share on Bioanalysis Zone, please get in contact.
- Novel biomarker discovered for respiratory disordersPlasma connective tissue growth factor may be a potential biomarker for stable asthma when evaluating the degree of persistent airway obstruction. Posted 01/08/2014 (today)
- Bioanalysis announces finalists for the 2014 Young Investigator AwardPosted 31/07/2014 (1 day ago)
- New method finds potential avenues in the diagnosis of cancerA group of US scientists create new method to retrieve molecular information. Posted 30/07/2014 (2 days ago)
- Have scientists found a new use for bubble wrap?Researchers investigate the potential of injecting liquid samples into bubble wrap, as an alternative sampling platform with implications in resource-limited settings. Posted 29/07/2014 (3 days ago)
- Molecular mechanisms of age-related cognitive decline identifiedResearchers investigating age-related cognitive decline have identified its molecular mechanisms. They have found that an increase in proteins of the extracellular matrix with age lowers the ability...Posted 28/07/2014 (4 days ago)
- Sponsored: Intertek launches unique pharmaceutical nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy (NMR) through its accredited facility.Intertek launches unique pharmaceutical NMR through its accredited facility. Posted 24/07/2014 (1 week ago)
- Microchip-based test for diagnosis of Type 1 diabetesStanford University School of Medicine researchers have developed a portable, inexpensive, microchip-based test with the aim of improving the diagnosis of Type 1 diabetes. Posted 24/07/2014 (1 week ago)
- Scientific update for Alzheimer’s disease diagnostic assayIt has been announced that the EP-AD assay for Alzheimer’s disease now has the ability to distinguish between aggregated Aβ42 and Aβ40. Posted 24/07/2014 (1 week ago)
- Company grants access to longitudinal serum biobank for use in cardiovascular disease researchAccess to biobank is anticipated to help advance the discovery of biomarkers for cardiovascular disease and promote the early detection of this condition. Posted 22/07/2014 (1 week ago)
- Sponsored: Discover the Agilent 6560 Ion Mobility Q-TOF LC/MS SystemThe new Agilent 6560 Ion Mobility Q-TOF LC/MS system combines the power of HPLC, ion mobility separation, and high-resolution accurate mass Q-TOF to enable in-depth analysis of complex samples. Posted 17/07/2014 (2 weeks ago)