We aim to bring you the latest news on advances across bioanalysis, including research and technology, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property, personnel and more.
The team welcomes suggestions for timely, relevant items for inclusion in the news. If you have any news you wish to share on Bioanalysis Zone, please get in contact.
- Rapid identification of biomarkers achieved from single drop of blood or urineResearchers at Purdue University (IN, USA) have developed a new technique that can detect drugs and monitor certain medical conditions using a single drop of biological fluid. Posted 20/10/2014 (3 days ago)
- Identifying potential cancer treatments fasterPotential cancer treatments could be discovered more quickly with a new approach that accelerates the discovery of possible antibodies. Posted 17/10/2014 (6 days ago)
- New supersensitive nanodevice could detect early cancersLunchbox-sized unit may soon offer extremely early disease diagnosis. Posted 16/10/2014 (1 week ago)
- UK research programme develops simple blood test for cancerResearchers from the University of Bristol (UK) and the University of Exeter (UK) are in the process of developing a simple blood test for the detection of cancer. Posted 16/10/2014 (1 week ago)
- Team designs inexpensive single-cell MS deviceSingle-cell MS probe is able to sample the contents of a cell for real-time analysis. Posted 14/10/2014 (1 week ago)
- New study claims blood test could determine risk of schizophreniaStudy claims blood test has potential to diagnose patients at high risk of developing schizophrenia or psychosis. Posted 13/10/2014 (1 week ago)
- Lab-on-a-chip techniques shows promise for early cancer detectionResearchers have developed a ’lab-on-a-chip’ device for the analysis of exosomes that could be utilized for early detection of hard-to-diagnose cancers. Posted 13/10/2014 (1 week ago)
- New marker may enable earlier detection of pancreatic cancerIncreased levels of branched-chain amino acids may indicate early development of pancreatic cancer and help scientists gain a better understanding of how the disease affects the rest of the body. Posted 10/10/2014 (2 weeks ago)
- Expression of five genes in tumor microenvironment could allow for accurate prognosis of colorectal cancerResearchers at the Catalan Institute of Oncology-Bellvitge Biomedical Research Institute (Barcelona, Spain) have developed a tool based on the expression of five genes that may allow accurate...Posted 08/10/2014 (2 weeks ago)
- New technology reveals impact of probiotics in fermented milk product on gut microbiotaNew bioinformatics tool offers novel perspective in the mission to understand the effect of probiotics on human health. Posted 08/10/2014 (2 weeks ago)