We aim to bring you the latest news on advances across bioanalysis, including research and technology, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property, personnel and more.
The team welcomes suggestions for timely, relevant items for inclusion in the news. If you have any news you wish to share on Bioanalysis Zone, please get in contact.
- Potential biomarker for lung cancer diagnosisBlood-based diagnostic allows for differentiation between malignant and benign lung nodules without invasive surgery. Posted 03/12/2013 (2 days ago)
- Companies form partnership to develop companion diagnostic tests for cancer therapyIncyte Corporation has joined with Vertana Medical Systems, Inc. to advance their personalized medicine healthcare strategies. Posted 03/12/2013 (2 days ago)
- Sponsorship to promote genetic biomarker testing in lung cancer announcedThe Bonnie J. Addario Lung Cancer Foundation has received sponsorship from Boehringer Ingelheim to promote genetic biomarker testing. Posted 28/11/2013 (1 week ago)
- Licensing agreement for biomarker technologies developed by Arizona State University researchersProvista Diagnostics strikes deal for technologies developed for the early detection of breast cancer, ovarian cancer and human papillomavirus. Posted 28/11/2013 (1 week ago)
- 8th Workshop on Recent Issues in Bioanalysis – where regulators and industry convene – March 2014, Los Angeles/Universal City, CaliforniaThe Workshop on Recent Issues in Bioanalysis has established itself as a leading international meeting for all those working in bioanalysis, industry and regulators alike. The resultant white papers...Posted 28/11/2013 (1 week ago)
- Researchers identify Alzheimer’s disease biomarkers in spinal fluid10-year study of spinal-tapped biomarkers confirms the predictability of Alzheimer’s disease onset. Posted 26/11/2013 (1 week ago)
- Lung cancer breath test: a possibility?Monitoring exhaled breath in individuals at risk of lung cancer could be used as a diagnostic tool. Posted 26/11/2013 (1 week ago)
- Announcing the Winner of the Bioanalysis Young Investigator Award 2013Posted 22/11/2013 (2 weeks ago)
- Simple blood test could detect skin cancer spreadIn a recent press release, Cancer Research UK (London, UK), reported a blood test that can be used to identify patients whose skin cancer has spread. Posted 21/11/2013 (2 weeks ago)
- Twice as smart iron detectionResearch paper presents iron detection method combining smart materials with smart phone technology. Posted 21/11/2013 (2 weeks ago)