We aim to bring you the latest news on advances across bioanalysis, including research and technology, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property, personnel and more.
The team welcomes suggestions for timely, relevant items for inclusion in the news. If you have any news you wish to share on Bioanalysis Zone, please get in contact.
- US FDA endorsement for first lower-cost copy of a biotech drugDrug expected to become first lower-cost biotech drug to reach US market receives endorsement. Posted 30/01/2015 (1 day ago)
- Researchers develop method for detection of histamine in fish fleshResearchers have developed a microchip electrophoresis technique for measuring potentially harmful histamine in fish flesh. Posted 30/01/2015 (1 day ago)
- Drug sponsors push to reduce costs while boosting productivityA recently published report by Tufts Center for the Study of Drug Development suggests drug sponsors will push to reduce costs while boosting productivity in 2015. Posted 30/01/2015 (1 day ago)
- New wearable device for monitoring glucose levelsA ‘temporary tattoo’ device has been developed for measuring glucose levels in diabetics. Posted 27/01/2015 (4 days ago)
- Utilizing gold nanoparticles to detect heart attacks earlierResearch suggests gold nanoparticle test strips generated using microplasma technology could offer a highly sensitive method to detect certain heart attacks earlier. Posted 26/01/2015 (5 days ago)
- Device could potentially reduce time and cost of drug developmentResearchers from Tulane University (LA, USA) have developed a 3D model of nerve tissue, which they hope could be employed in testing the safety and side effects of new medications in the future. Posted 26/01/2015 (5 days ago)
- Report confirms electronic report methods outweigh traditional alternatives for clinical trialsReport from Tufts Center for the Study of Drug Development (MA, USA) outlines future implementation of electronic report methods in clinical trials. Posted 26/01/2015 (5 days ago)
- Ebola Vaccine: Phase 1 trials underwayPhase 1 trials have begun on a potential preventative Ebola vaccine, as the disease continues to affect individuals in West Africa. Posted 22/01/2015 (1 week ago)
- Newborn baby dried blood spot screening program to test for more diseasesFour rare conditions will now also be tested for as part of the newborn heel-prick screening program. Posted 22/01/2015 (1 week ago)
- USA science agency budgets announcement draws mixed responsesOver 2 months after the start of the fiscal year, USA science agencies are receiving their budgets for 2015. Posted 16/01/2015 (2 weeks ago)