We aim to bring you the latest news on advances across bioanalysis, including research and technology, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property, personnel and more.
The team welcomes suggestions for timely, relevant items for inclusion in the news. If you have any news you wish to share on Bioanalysis Zone, please get in contact.
- Researchers discover new biomarker for head and neck squamous cell carcinomaInsights into the genetic changes that result in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma may lead to more personalized cancer treatment. Posted 15/09/2014 (2 days ago)
- Marketing of new diabetes test approved by US FDAThe US FDA have allowed KRONUS Market Development Associates, Inc. (ID, USA) to market the first zinc transporter 8 autoantibody (ZnT8Ab) test for Type 1 diabetes. Posted 11/09/2014 (6 days ago)
- New test uses Raman spectroscopy to detect cancer biomarker in urinePotentially cheaper and more efficient diagnostic platform is developed to detect low levels of cancer biomarker. Posted 09/09/2014 (1 week ago)
- New, faster and cheaper, sickle cell disease test developedResearchers have developed a new test for sickle cell disease, faster and cheaper than other tests, following a chance meeting with a haematologist, which could help children in the developing...Posted 08/09/2014 (1 week ago)
- Breakthrough in laser technology shows promise for easing the lives of diabeticsResearchers at Princeton University have found a non-invasive method for monitoring blood glucose levels with a laser device. Posted 03/09/2014 (2 weeks ago)
- New imaging method may speed up diagnosis of malariaResearchers describe a less labor intensive and more rapid route to detecting Plasmodium falciparum in blood samples. Posted 02/09/2014 (2 weeks ago)
- New optical device may improve skin cancer diagnosticsNew 3-in-1 optical device may reduce number of unnecessary diagnostic biopsies in skin cancer diagnosis. Posted 02/09/2014 (2 weeks ago)
- Blood samples can tell of dietary complianceResults from the Nordic SYSDIET study have shown that blood samples can be used to assess dietary compliance, through testing for diet-related biomarkers. Posted 27/08/2014 (3 weeks ago)
- Potential new test for detecting HPV-related cancersNew blood and saliva tests may help accurately predict recurrences of HPV-linked oral cancers. Posted 27/08/2014 (3 weeks ago)
- Scientists establish biomarker as a target for new therapeuticsThe identification of a biomarker, with a strong correlation to aggressive breast cancer, provides a new avenue for the treatment of basal-like cancers. Posted 27/08/2014 (3 weeks ago)