We aim to bring you the latest news on advances across bioanalysis, including research and technology, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property, personnel and more.
The team welcomes suggestions for timely, relevant items for inclusion in the news. If you have any news you wish to share on Bioanalysis Zone, please get in contact.
- SPOTLIGHT: Bioanalysis Zone launches Spotlight on Hot Topics in Large Molecule BioanalysisWelcome to the Bioanalysis Zone Spotlight on Hot Topics in Large Molecule Bioanalysis! Posted 16/04/2014 (2 days ago)
- Study rules out zinc as a potential biomarker of Alzheimer’s diseaseDecreasing zinc levels are a sign of aging, and no change in serum zinc concentration is seen in Alzheimer’s disease. Posted 17/04/2014 (1 day ago)
- New technique could be key to in-depth fingerprint analysisMALDI-MSI could be used in forensic procedures at scenes of crime. Posted 17/04/2014 (1 day ago)
- Sticky tape valves for microfluidic devicesResearchers have developed valves in microfluidic chips from fabricated from sticky tape. Posted 17/04/2014 (1 day ago)
- DVD platform holds promise for point-of-care diagnosticsNovel diagnostic assay, developed using DVD technology, demonstrates comparable sensitivity and specificity to traditional colorimetric and ELISA methods. Posted 15/04/2014 (3 days ago)
- CRO acquisition announcedThe acquisition of Aptiv Solutions by ICON will enhance the company’s ability to support clinical development. Posted 10/04/2014 (1 week ago)
- Nanowire array chips show potential for detection of leukocytes in cerebrospinal fluidA novel technique may offer early clues on neurodegenerative disease progression. Posted 10/04/2014 (1 week ago)
- Innovative electrochemical device uses standard office paperResearchers have created three-electrode bioanalytical devices that use ‘off-the-shelf’ products. Posted 10/04/2014 (1 week ago)
- Nanosensor screening to detect drug-related damageNanoparticle-based sensor developed for in vivo, real-time detection of drug-induced hepatotoxicity. Posted 08/04/2014 (1 week ago)
- Smartphone app developed for portable sample analysisNew application algorithm for smartphones reported that allows analysis of colorimetric tests. Posted 08/04/2014 (1 week ago)