We aim to bring you the latest news on advances across bioanalysis, including research and technology, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property, personnel and more.
The team welcomes suggestions for timely, relevant items for inclusion in the news. If you have any news you wish to share on Bioanalysis Zone, please get in contact.
- Molecular mechanisms of age-related cognitive decline identifiedResearchers investigating age-related cognitive decline have identified its molecular mechanisms. They have found that an increase in proteins of the extracellular matrix with age lowers the ability...Posted 28/07/2014 (today)
- Sponsored: Intertek launches unique pharmaceutical nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy (NMR) through its accredited facility.Intertek launches unique pharmaceutical NMR through its accredited facility. Posted 24/07/2014 (4 days ago)
- Microchip-based test for diagnosis of Type 1 diabetesStanford University School of Medicine researchers have developed a portable, inexpensive, microchip-based test with the aim of improving the diagnosis of Type 1 diabetes. Posted 24/07/2014 (4 days ago)
- Scientific update for Alzheimer’s disease diagnostic assayIt has been announced that the EP-AD assay for Alzheimer’s disease now has the ability to distinguish between aggregated Aβ42 and Aβ40. Posted 24/07/2014 (4 days ago)
- Company grants access to longitudinal serum biobank for use in cardiovascular disease researchAccess to biobank is anticipated to help advance the discovery of biomarkers for cardiovascular disease and promote the early detection of this condition. Posted 22/07/2014 (6 days ago)
- Sponsored: Discover the Agilent 6560 Ion Mobility Q-TOF LC/MS SystemThe new Agilent 6560 Ion Mobility Q-TOF LC/MS system combines the power of HPLC, ion mobility separation, and high-resolution accurate mass Q-TOF to enable in-depth analysis of complex samples. Posted 17/07/2014 (2 weeks ago)
- Do ten proteins hold the key to Alzheimer’s prognosis?Scientists discover ten proteins linked to the development of Alzheimer’s disease, with potential applications in a blood-based diagnostic test. Posted 17/07/2014 (2 weeks ago)
- Urine test shows potential in prediction of premature birth and delivery of small babiesThe detection of specific metabolites in the urine of pregnant women may indicate whether babies will be born preterm or the fetus will suffer poor growth. Posted 17/07/2014 (2 weeks ago)
- Detecting buprenorphine in umbilical cord: improved assayThe United States Drug Testing Laboratory has recently announced the development of an improved screening assay to indicate buprenorphine exposure in utero. Posted 15/07/2014 (2 weeks ago)
- Developing standards for hyperspectral imagingNational Institute of Standards and Technology researchers are working to develop calibration standards for use in hyperspectral imaging, which can help determine how well damaged tissue is healing. Posted 15/07/2014 (2 weeks ago)