We aim to bring you the latest news on advances across bioanalysis, including research and technology, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property, personnel and more.
The team welcomes suggestions for timely, relevant items for inclusion in the news. If you have any news you wish to share on Bioanalysis Zone, please get in contact.
- Announcing the Winner of the Bioanalysis Young Investigator Award 2014Posted 26/11/2014 (today)
- New rapid test for bloodstream infections developedResearchers develop novel test for bloodstream infections using three-dimensional particle counter. Posted 25/11/2014 (1 day ago)
- Peanut allergies: improving the detectionAn ultrasensitive test to detect anti-peanut antibodies in the blood and potentially determine the severity of an allergy has been developed by scientists in the US. Posted 24/11/2014 (2 days ago)
- Diagnostic test may allow early detection of pancreatic cancerBiomarkers for pancreatic cancer have been identified, suggesting the possibility of developing a blood test for early diagnosis. Posted 21/11/2014 (5 days ago)
- Rapid-result mobile tests a priority to fight Ebola outbreakResearchers and companies target rapid mobile testing as a tactic in the fight against Ebola. Posted 20/11/2014 (6 days ago)
- Blood test could be used to diagnose childhood cancersA research team has identified molecular fingerprints that could lead to the development of blood tests for childhood cancers. Posted 20/11/2014 (6 days ago)
- Scientists make progress towards a diagnostic test for early stage lung cancerNew research indicates that lung cancer patients may have a unique metabolic profile that could be important in the identification of a diagnostic biomarker. Posted 19/11/2014 (1 week ago)
- Grant awarded to aid development of handheld GC toolResearcher receives grant to develop handheld gas analyzer that could be used to analyze blood sugar levels in diabetics. Posted 14/11/2014 (2 weeks ago)
- Antibody ink shows promise for printable diagnostic testsA printed transistor-based sheet may one day diagnose diseases from their antigens Posted 13/11/2014 (2 weeks ago)
- Sponsored: EBF Lecture - How alternative bioanalytical technologies can assist clinical safety and efficacy assessmentPosted 12/11/2014 (2 weeks ago)