1Could you please introduce yourself?
We interviewed Shalini Prasad and Sriram Muthukumar about their new technology, termed EnLiSense LLC, that specializes in sensor technologies for enhancing lifestyle decisions.
I am Shalini Prasad and I am Sriram Muthukumar. We are the co-founders of EnLiSense LLC that specializes in sensor technologies for enhancing lifestyle decisions. That is the genesis of the name ‘EnLiSense – Enabling Lifestyle Sensors’.2Describe your research and the technologies that you use?
Our vision is to bring to market non-invasive sensor technologies in body integrate able form factors that complement the ability to monitor lifestyle activities and choices towards making informed decisions of the wearer’s health. These technologies span across both clinical and consumer space. The wearable lifestyle monitors enable biomarker monitoring from sweat for monitoring impact of lifestyle choices on body’s metabolism, physiology.3What are non-invasive platform technologies?
Today’s consumer falls under three categories: (1) Highly connected consumer; (2) Limited access/Limited use consumer; (3) Lack of Awareness consumer. In all three cases rapid non-invasive screening (give practical examples) for quantification and reporting of biomarkers associated with wellness and illness states in a person.4What are the challenges you face? How does your group’s recent work address this problem?
Our biggest challenge today is putting out our first non-invasive technology platform as a commercial product within a year. We have done extensive preclinical validation work to date and are actively seeking investors who can help us achieve this goal.5What are the key differentiators vis-à-vis existing technologies in the market place?
Our non-invasive technology platform offers:
- No needles, no punctures
- ‘No pain’ sensor that integrates onto the body as a bracelet, necklace, or into clothing that allows for direct access/contact with the skin
- Zero user interaction for using or interpreting sensor output
- Report the time based changes to multiple biomarkers ambient perspired human sweat
- Works on people with varying skin types in varying environments (deserts, tropics, conditioned environments, office buildings, homes etc…)
- Dynamic monitoring, quantification and reporting from ambient Perspired sweat with no external stimulation.
- Current wearable platforms do not offer these features
Sweat offers a plethora of information that can provide a fingerprint of a person’s lifestyle. We are also looking at developing non-invasive sensor technologies with other body fluids i.e. saliva. Smart eco systems that leads a patient from illness to wellness and tracks wellness.