In this webinar, we will investigate ligand binding assays (LBAs) and LC–MS/MS generic PK methods for the quantification of therapeutic monoclonal antibodies in pre-clinical species. We will show a comparison of a generic LBA on Gyrolab® and a generic workflow by LC–MS/MS using signature-peptide quantification. We will show you the assay performance for each platform using pembrolizumab as a model drug and also show you the impact of anti-drug antibodies on the different assay platforms. We will conclude with a recommendation for when to choose which platform.
What will you learn?
- How generic PK workflows for LBAs on the Gyrolab platform and LC–MS/MS platforms can be used for biotherapeutic quantification
- What the impact of anti-drug antibodies is on microfluidic ligand-binding immunoassays and LC–MS/MS PK methods for biotherapeutic quantification
- How to choose the best platform (Gyrolab or LC–MS/MS) for different biotherapeutic quantification scenarios
Who may this interest?
- Research scientists or group leaders involved in the development of biotherapeutic monoclonal antibodies
- Bioanalytical scientists or group managers supporting biotherapeutics development
- Preclinical and clinical CRO bioanalytical or business development groups
Johannes Stanta, PhD
Senior Scientific Manager
Covance Laboratories (NJ, USA)
Johannes Stanta, PhD, is Senior Scientific Manager at Covance Laboratories. Johannes received his PhD from the University of Cambridge (UK), focusing on the discovery of diagnostic biomarkers for neuropsychiatric disorders. He has more than 10 years of experience in small and large molecule bioanalytical assay development, validation and sample analysis, supporting clinical and non-clinical studies.
John Chappell, BSc CChem CSci FRSC
Application & Service Director EMEA and Asia Pacific
Gyros Protein Technologies (Uppsala, Sweden)