ArticlesClick here to get help
The articles database is a growing compilation of wide-ranging articles from bioanalysis – including primary research, reviews, White Papers, event reports, interviews and more – drawn from a range of sources.
Week by week the database grows, and if you sign up for our weekly eNewsletter (which can be done in 'MyZone'), you will receive regular updates on the new content frequently being added to the Zone.
The team welcomes suggestions for article postings. Some (commercial) postings on the Zone will attract a posting fee. Please contact us for more information.
- SPOTLIGHT: Interview with Sufyan Maqbool (MedImmune) on capillary microsamplingSufyan Maqbool (Associate Scientist I) at MedImmune, Cambridge, UK. As part of the Clinical Pharmacology and DMPK group, he is responsible for the practical aspects of development, validation and...Posted 31/07/2014 (2 days ago)
- SPOTLIGHT: The value of microsamplingPosted 30/07/2014 (3 days ago)
- Metabolism of RCS-8, a synthetic cannabinoid with cyclohexyl structure, in human hepatocytes by high-resolution MSBackground: Since 2008, synthetic cannabinoids are major new designer drugs of abuse. They are extensively metabolized and excreted in urine, but limited human metabolism data are available. As there...Posted 22/07/2014 (2 weeks ago)
- What are the advantages of RP-HPLC methods for the detection of drugs in plasma?“Specific clinical applications have resulted in not only necessity for high-speed, efficient and selective chromatographic systems, but also simplified sample processing, which determines the...Posted 22/07/2014 (2 weeks ago)
- Manual chromatographic baseline integration: is it needed, if so when should it be used?“…when is it appropriate to reject the ‘integrator’ results? If reintegration is necessary, how do you set objective and consistent procedures to minimize bias at the best...Posted 22/07/2014 (2 weeks ago)
- SPOTLIGHT: Interview with Anthony Romanelli (AB SCIEX) on microflow LC Anthony Romanelli is Senior Applications Manager at AB SCIEX, and is based in Framingham, MA. He has years of experience in applications such as food and environmental testing, drug discovery,...Posted 15/07/2014 (3 weeks ago)
- SPOTLIGHT: Blood microsampling using capillaries for drug-exposure determination in early preclinical studies: a beneficial strategy to reduce blood sample volumesBackground: Capillary microsampling (CMS) of blood with subsequent blood analysis offers a potential strategy to deal with increased demand to reduce blood sample volumes in animal discovery and...Posted 15/07/2014 (3 weeks ago)
- SPOTLIGHT: Microsample analyses via DBS: challenges and opportunitiesThe use of DBS is an appealing approach to employing microsampling techniques for the bioanalysis of samples, as has been demonstrated for the past 50 years in the metabolic screening of metabolites...Posted 15/07/2014 (3 weeks ago)
- SPOTLIGHT: Application of the Gyrolab™ platform to ligand-binding assays: a user’s perspectiveIn many areas of drug discovery and development, scientists are in a constant search for methods and platforms to reduce assay time and cost. The Gyrolab™ microfluidics platform that we...Posted 15/07/2014 (3 weeks ago)
- SPOTLIGHT: Capillary microsampling and analysis of 4-µl blood, plasma and serum samples to determine human α-synuclein elimination rate in mice Background: The capillary microsampling technique was scaled down to enable repeated PK sampling of blood, plasma and serum from mice for the determination of the 14-kDa protein α-synuclein...Posted 15/07/2014 (3 weeks ago)