- We compared recombinant trypsin to native-source in various MS workflows.
- Native source trypsin is dimethylated to prevent autolysis and TPCK treated to inhibit chymotrypsin.
- Native and recombinant trypsins gave similar amounts of proteins and peptides identified in a complex mixture.
- TIC of a single-protein digest revealed more complete peptide processing by recombinant trypsins relative to native trypsin.
- Trypsin dimethylation leads to slower processing but with fewer autolytic peptides present.
Find out more about the Life Science business of Merck KGaA and their products here.