In this podcast, Lisa Kierstead, PhD (Executive Director at PPD Laboratories; PA, USA), discusses the importance of the COVID-19 vaccine effort, how vaccines instruct the body to produce antibodies in response to a viral infection, ongoing studies regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and facts and myths surrounding potential side effects and allergies to vaccinations.
- Why are most of the vaccine candidates targeting the viral spike (S) protein?
- How do vaccine-induced antibodies prevent infection and how long does it last?
- What’s special/different about the mRNA vaccine?
- How long does it take to manufacture the vaccines?
- Why are some people experiencing allergic reactions to the vaccine?
- Does getting the vaccine stop one from spreading COVID?
In association with: