Timothy Garrett, Associate Professor at the Pathology department of the University of Florida (FL, USA) discusses how he uses mass spectrometry (MS) in his research, as well as exploring some of the key differences between imaging MS, LC–MS and MS/MS. Timothy also shares his top three tips for LC–MS/MS method development.
1. How do you use mass spectrometry in your research?
2. What is the difference between imaging MS and LC–MS?
3. What are the differences between imaging MS and MS/MS?
4. What are your three top tips for LC–MS/MS method development?
5. Where do you hope this field will be in 5–10 years’ time?